Friday, October 12, 2007

With Appologies to Roy Osherove (and Oasis)

One of the ideas floated by Roy last weekend in Austin was to compose an ALT.NET song. I was unable to contribute because I had to get to the airport. However last night I was noodling around and this popped out (fnarr!).

It's a shameless rip off of Wonderwall by Oasis. I pretty much kept the second verse intact because it seemed to fit the mood of ALT.NET well. It's a work in progress but given my lack of free time it's not going to be finished anytime soon. So here it is. Enjoy.

Verse 1
Today is gonna be the day
That we're gonna have ourselves a coup
Web Forms and drag and drop are
Shit that we refuse to do
I would really like to try and practice BDD
But I don't know how

Verse 2
Backbeat the word is on the street
That the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before
But you never really had a doubt
I don't believe that any Mort feels
The way I do about TDD

Bridge
And all the roads we have to walk are winding
The pros and cons of late and early binding
I would really like to try and Practice BDD
But I don't know how

Chorus
Said maybe
I found the thing that's gonna save me
But I wonder if
I am alternative?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home